Saturday, November 20, 2010

VR sensor mount

So I've had a mount that I made for the VR sensor for the Megajolt system for a while now.  The other day I decided it wasn't nice enough, so I spent some time cleaning it up with the die grinder, hand files, a little bit of glazing putty and sand paper.  After a few nights of work and waiting for the putty to dry, I put a first coat of paint on it.





I think it looks pretty good, especially since it's just some old angle iron welded up.

Also, just though I'd show what my trigger wheel mount looks like.



I started by using my old degree pully (kinda beat up, I know), I took a piece of aluminum bad and using the lathe spun it down to make three stand offs that you can see in the pics above.  The part touching the pulley is about 1/4 inch bigger than the smaller part.  That gives the trigger wheel something to sit on.  The smaller portion is perfectly fit (well as perfect as I can do free hand) inside the wheel circumference, this allows the trigger wheel to spin freely to align with however I choose.  Then the hex key bolts and washers tighten up and hold everything in place.

It seems to work well so far.

No comments: