Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Engine rebuild

So like I stated I've been working on the engine since Feb 2010.  I know it's a little late to start documentation, but it's better late than never.

So as she lies now, I've rebuilt the engine, using mostly new parts.  The plan was to reuse as much as possible, and the more I learned the less I wanted to reuse.

I've also added disk brakes on all 4 corners, used dropped spindles up front, as well an adjustable beam.  So the drive train is mostly new.

The most recent news on my engine is I had to replace my flywheel, it was old and reused, and it tore up my main seal, causing a major oil leak.  So I replaced the entire clutch and pressure plate while I was at it.
The other thing I'm waiting on is a new alternator, mine is an old 55 amp one, I'm hoping to get a nice new 90 amp version.

As far as that goes, I'll have to wait and see.  I will post more when I know more.

No comments: